Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.Key Responsibilities
- Assists customers with the intent of selling company products or services through phone, web, fax or mail communication
- Provide a basic level of customer support but refers more complex problems to other staff members
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of products and services offered
- Prepares and follows up on customer quotes
- Provides pricing and availability of our product to customers
- Requests and coordinates discounted prices on orders
- Maintain required call quality level
- Inputs all sales orders as a result of customer negotiations
- Sells additional product through suggestive selling techniques
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 + years sales or call center experience required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high level of dependability
- Intermediate (or higher) proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints is required
- Basic math/spelling skills required
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm
- Proficient written and spoken French Language is a plus
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website