Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Surgery Center of Anchorage we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) PACU Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At Surgery Center of Anchorage we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our PACU Nurse opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients' care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS required.
- PALS as required by facility.
·Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
Qualifications you will need:
Surgery Center of Anchorage has been caring for residents of Alaska since 2010. Our center maintains the highest performance standards. We have been awarded accreditation by The Joint Commission. We perform over 324 procedures a month. Services in ENT, colorectal, gastroenterology, plastics, urology, gynecology and general surgeries are offered. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website