SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
For more than three decades, Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas has been Nevada's largest, most comprehensive children's hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties. Sunrise Children's Hospital provides advanced pediatric and neonatal medicine to the residents of Southern Nevada and the surrounding region. Located near the Las Vegas strip, Sunrise Children's Hospital offers 24/7 pediatric emergency services in our ER just for kids. In addition to pediatric cardiology, Sunrise Children's Hospital also features Nevada's largest, most comprehensive 72-Bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), and 14-bed inpatient pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), the only one of its kind in Nevada today. The CICU is a 12,000 square-foot unit dedicated to the treatment of congenital heart defects, heart rhythm disturbances and heart disease in infants and children.
As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility (701 beds), Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association Get with The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious RN Case Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The RN Case Manager is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN Case Manager facilitates the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team. The RN Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The RN Case Manager will facilitate care coordination through the IDT (Interdisciplinary Team) / Discharge Barrier rounds. The RN Case Manager will act as a patient advocate, investigate all adverse occurrences, perform staff education related to utilization management, discharge planning, and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery. In addition, the RN Case Manager must provide documentation of all functions as required by regulatory agencies. He/she will monitor utilization management, track any avoidable days identified, provide clinical reviews in a timely manner utilizing InterQual criteria, and follow review protocols for the department.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of two years in hospital case management with three years nursing experience preferred. Will consider minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience with two years critical care or nursing leadership experience in lieu of case management experience.
- InterQual experience, required.
- Must have knowledge of CMS Rules and Regulations (including Patient Status and Level of Care.
- Current license to practice as an RN in Nevada. Independently maintains license. Acquires required continuing education units to practice and maintain license.
- BLS required.
- Board certification in Case Management (CCM) or Accreditation in Case Management (ACM) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Wide range of medical knowledge with various types of patient care/services performed in an acute hospital setting.
- Strong PC skills with current operating systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with proactive decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, as well as government and non-government payor practices, regulations, standards and reimbursement.
- Able to retain a high level of confidentiality.
- Works independently and is flexible with all job duties.
- Outstanding telephonic and personable skills to communicate with various entities, (i.e. physicians, health plans, review nurses, clerical personnel, etc.).
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website