This position exists to determine and execute the best course of action to take to balance the supply of purchased materials with the demand for those materials while meeting departmental and corporate goals such as inventory investment and inventory turns. This position deals with high-risk suppliers, has a high level of autonomy to make decisions, and has project-related content. Specific responsibilities include:
- Select and certify suppliers based on quality, total cost, lead time, service, technical support, and financial stability.
- Analyze material requirements for all assigned items and issue purchase order releases to support the master product schedule (MPS)
- Expedite and de-expedite orders as required by changes in production/customer demand
- Work with other personnel and departments to research and resolve inconsistencies and/or discrepancies in system vs. actual information
- Maintain system planning parameters and system data integrity for all purchased parts and subcontract services, including order quantities, lead times, due dates, and supplier promise dates
- Monitor, document, and communicate supplier performance in the areas of quality, delivery, and responsiveness to supplier corrective actions and sample submission requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate early supplier involvement projects to insure adherence to industrial design intent, engineering specifications, and schedules, especially in support of new product development.
- Formulate sourcing strategies to support short-term and long-term operational requirements.
- Serve as a commodity specialist by tracking market trends and economic conditions affecting assigned commodities.
- Submit timely reports concerning price trends, market conditions that affect supply, and recommendations for substitute materials and processes.
- Research and implement opportunities for reducing component ‘total cost of ownership.
- Conduct on-site reviews of supplier facilities and product/process capability and capacity to assess current and potential supplier qualifications.
- Lead and/or support supplier quality improvement initiatives and supplier quality assessments/audits.
- Develop standard costs based on market/economic factors and projected price changes.
- Analyze and explain any purchasing variances that occur.
- Special projects as assigned.
- • Five plus years of materials-related experience in a manufacturing environment and working knowledge of a material requirements planning (MRP) system
- • Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) desirable but not required
- • MAPICS/AS400 experience preferred
- • Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- • Team player
- • Detail oriented
Apply on company website