This position will design, test, and coordinate the development of new product lines and features. The most important impacts this position has on the organization relate to success of the new products, the features they deliver, and the speed at which they are brought to market. The specific responsibilities, experience, and knowledge requirements are as follows:
- Generate and convert ideas into working design solutions while working independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Provide and present design solutions for review by product and management teams.
- Direct/evaluate design through 3D modeling, drafting, tooling and testing.
- Conduct cost analysis and other feasibility studies as required.
- Lead tolerance stack-ups to ensure assembly and fabrication capabilities.
- Active member of the new product development team with a willingness to work with internal and external customers.
- Write and manage engineering changes (ECs) to improve products
- Self-starter who is able to satisfy goals and timelines.
- Plan, schedule and organize workload.
- Direct, review, and approve work done by Designers and Drafters.
- Determine, execute and analyze product tests to achieve the desired requirements.
- Write purchase requisitions and approve invoices.
- Microsoft Powerpoint:
- Microsoft Excel:
- Microsoft Word:
- Mechanical Engineering: Bachelors degree or better
- 1+ years of related experience
- Experience or understanding of cooking appliances
- Design experience with thermodynamic systems
- Design experience with sheet metal, stack-up analysis, electrical, airflow and heat transfer. Design experience with appliances desired.
Apply on company website