DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
St. Petersburg General Hospital
6500 38th Ave N St. Petersburg, FL 33710
We are seeking a hospital based Laboratory Assistant II like you to join our organization.
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited full-service 215-bed acute care facility. St Petersburg General Hospital is a designated Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care; accredited as a Breast Center with digital imaging and computer aided detection; Chest Pain Center; Certified Advanced Primary Stroke and AFib Center; Accredited Cancer Center and a GYN Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Laboratory Assistant II, you will perform any three of the following non-technical functions under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director: specimen collection, specimen processing, submission and monitoring of specimens submitted to referral laboratories and/or patient registration. You will also perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and support the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Perform specimen collection and testing; Process, sort, and prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing
- Perform venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Centrifuge and aliquot specimens appropriately
- Prepare specimens for courier pick-up
- Complete chain-of-custody drug collections
- Document specimen problems; take corrective action as necessary
- Monitor and review referred testing
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending referral testing issues
You Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
- Available to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA Healthcare ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA Healthcare as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing, so apply today! We are very excited to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website