St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Physician Assistant provides comprehensive health care to urology patients in collaboration with physicians and other staff in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Service includes; consults, hospital rounding and office coverage. Additional responsibilities include weekend rounding and call.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and implements patient health care needs.
- Performs routine exams and obtains patient histories.
- Manages patient treatment program based on assessment of needs.
- Initiates treatment via prescriptions, diagnostic tests, exams and procedures.
- Reviews lab results and plans actions according to results.
- Performs routine health maintenance activities for new and established patients.
- Coordinates patient care and makes referrals to physicians, nurses, psychologists, nutritionists, et cetera, as needed.
- Collaborates and communicates with other professionals, nurses, physicians, and outside agencies regarding patient care.
- Coordinates patient care and family counseling with public and mental health agencies as appropriate.
- Teaches wellness habits and educates patients on prevention of potential health problems or method of dealing with present problems.
- Provides information and materials relating to patient health care needs.
- Develops educational programs for medical and/or nursing students and the general public, upon request.
- Performs administrative duties such as writing admission and discharge orders, working with office staff regarding patient problems, scheduling, records, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of current medical practices and skills. Develops, writes and/or updates Nurse Practitioner practice protocols as directed by physician.
- Acts as lead care provider among other support staff, such as nurses and medical assistants.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time). Continually uses fingers for patient care, writing, and handling patient charts. Routinely use upper extremities; occasionally lift items up to 25 pounds. Occasionally push cart with supplies up to 50 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair with a patient weighing up to 325 pounds. Stoop, been, and reach above shoulder level regularly. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and taking blood pressure readings. General visions, near vision, peripheral are all required.
Certified Registered Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, as determined by the job location. Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year experience in a similar setting is preferred. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
WORK SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri with weekend rotation
Please complete your application using your full legal name andcurrent home address. Be sure toincludeemployment history forthe past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you areencouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications andlicenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Indi...
Apply on company website