SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Ultrasound Technologist, Imaging Dept. PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
Job Description: The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra sonographers.
- Registered ARDMS (Abdominal and/or OB/GYN) RVT or ARRT (S)
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support with AHA.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website