DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology Peds Unit Part-Time (0.6 FTE), Nights St. Lucie Medical Center Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Lucie Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
The Medical Oncology Peds RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Oncology certification and chemotherapy experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website