DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Enter the world of healthcare by training to be a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA). Become part of a successful healthcare organization working directly at the patient's bedside with a team of caring professionals. This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to break into healthcare and gain assistance to becoming a licensed professional or working in another capacity in a hospital environment. The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Lucie Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
Sitters Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient's normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
- Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
A high school diploma or GED is required
Excellent work ethic, professional appearance, and a kind, compassionate demeanor is needed
Participants must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
No experience is necessary - it is actually preferred!
A strict Monday through Friday schedule is required for the first 2 weeks.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website