Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Skilled Nursing Facility SNF Coordinator? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Skilled Nursing Facility SNF Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Coordinator, you will promote high quality, patient-centered care by facilitating patient placement to skilled nursing facilities, identifying and removing barriers to SNF discharges. You will act as a liaison between the hospital, SNF's and payors. You will coordinate prompt SNF acceptance and facilitate payor authorizations where applicable. You will communicate effectively daily with Registered Nurse (RN) Case Managers, Social Workers, and Case Management Leadership.
- You will track bed availability of SNFs both for current day, projected availability, and communicate daily with Case Manager and Leadership.
- You will monitor all patients with proposed discharge plan to SNF or referrals to SNF and intervenes to expedite placement.
- You will facilitate obtaining authorization for SNF placement when lack of an authorization is prevention transition.
- You will document outcomes of interactions with SNF/payors to enhance communication to all members of the healthcare team.
- Minimum of two years' experience in payor or acute care discharge planning and/or skilled nursing discharge planning experience.
- Understanding of payor guidelines and SNF placement process.
- Experience with Midas and nH Discharge – preferred
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Texas Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's HealthCare Policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Skilled Nursing Facility SNF Coordinator opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website