Description***Up to $10k sign on bonus for qualified candidates***
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Pharmacist Clinical Specialist? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacist Clinical Specialist like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacist you will be responsible for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. You will interact patients and health care providers as appropriate to define compliance with current standard of practice as well as assure continuity of services to achieve desired patient outcomes through safe, timely, cost-effective pharmaceutical care.
- You will interpret medication orders and transcribe to computer system
- You will accurately and effectively provide medication therapy
- You will accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- You will monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- You will suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff
- You will sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promote rational drug therapy selection
- You will assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership
- You will complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Oncology or BMT experience
- Previous hospital experience - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Pharmacist license with Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP)
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Pharmacist Clinical Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website