Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Medical Surgical Nurse Manager where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our St. David's South Austin Medical Center team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.Benefits
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Medical Surgical Nurse Manager where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Manager of the Medical Surgical and Telemetry nursing unit, you will supervise, coordinate, and evaluate all activities of the staff, and ensure patient needs are properly met. You will coordinate organization improvement activities of the unit, and develop, review, and revise policies and procedures.
- You will recommend qualified and competent persons to provide care
- You will continuously assess and improve departmental and organizational performance
- You will maintain quality control programs
- You will assist the Director in development of the departmental budget and ensure fiscal responsibility in financial operations of the unit
- You will oversee and review the development of monthly schedules
- You will handle human resource and staffing responsibilities
- You will anticipate unit equipment needs and work with departments to meet those needs
- You will assist staff with clinical needs
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- NIH Stroke Scale must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years of RN experience
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website