Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Lead Surgical Technologist? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Lead Surgical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Lead Surgical Technologist, you will accept overall responsibility for a designated surgical area, and will facilitate the safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures. You will ensure all equipment, supplies, and instruments are available and operational, accurate, and organized. You will also train and mentor other staff and serve as a role model.
- You will assist and oversee tasks performed by Surgical Technologists to ensure that the unit is provided with the supplies, instruments, and necessary equipment needed for procedures
- You will oversee the functioning and troubleshooting of equipment
- You will prepare for each procedure and/or surgery and demonstrate proper positioning of the patient on the operating room table
- You will maintain a clean operating room suite for patients
- You will assist in the maintenance of instruments and equipment by proper utilization, cleaning, care and sterilization
- You will anticipate the surgeon's needs during surgery, and obtain preferences from physicians regarding procedures
- You will be responsible for ensuring supplies and equipment have been ordered, as well as restocking unused sterile supplies and equipment
- You will assist with operating room turnover
- 5 years of recent experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and/or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) with demonstrated competency in multiple inpatient and outpatient surgical specialties including: Orthopedics, Robotics, General, Neurology, Urology, Gynecology, and Cardiovascular
- Previous operating room experience – preferred
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing OR graduation from an accredited Surgical Technologist program
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners, OR Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Lead Surgical Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website