Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Laboratory Assistant opening with St. David's South Austin Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Laboratory Assistant for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will perform various functions in the laboratory of a technical or clerical nature. You will be responsible for phlebotomy, specimen processing, specimen plating in microbiology, histology assistance, preparing specimens for referral to other laboratories, and reporting and document filing.
- You will perform venipuncture and capillary collection appropriate to specific age groups
- You will collect, process, and transport specimens
- You will identify proper tubes, containers, transport media, and storage temperature for each test type
- You will ensure positive identification of each patient and respective samples
- You will keep collection trays and outpatient collection area neat and well stocked
- You will perform specimen processing for various sub departments
- You will assist in microbiology, including plating cultures, setting up antigen detection assays, quality control, and maintenance checks
- You will assist in histology, including performing basic procedures, performing routine maintenance, and assisting in tracking specimens
- You will answer phones, relay messages, and transfer patient test results
- You will distribute reports to Health Information Management, physicians, and clients
- You will maintain records of standing orders for outpatients
- 1 year of experience performing hospital phlebotomy (if primary responsibility is phlebotomy)
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Formal phlebotomy training from an accredited program – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Centeris an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adultbone marrow transplantprogram – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range ofspecialized servicesincludes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Laboratory Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website