Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Exercise Physiologist PRN? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Exercise Physiologist PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Exercise Physiologist, you will be responsible for providing physical conditioning, reconditioning, risk factor reduction and education through exercise prescription, supervised exercise, and educational programs in Cardiac Rehabilitation. You will work independently and/or in conjunction with other cardiac rehabilitation team members under the direction of a registered nurse to provide an individualized program tailored to each patient's particular needs.
- You will evaluate the overall health of patients, with special attention to cardiovascular function and metabolism.
- You will administer exercise stress tests and other evaluation tools.
- You will develop individualized exercise prescriptions to increase physical fitness, strength, endurance and flexibility.
- You will reevaluate patients' progress during their medically supervised cardiac rehabilitation.
- You will assist with setting up the exercise room, equipment and supplies.
- You will assist with cleaning and sanitizing exercise room and equipment.
- Completion of an internship in cardiac rehabilitation is required or 1-2 years direct working experience in cardiac rehabilitation or a clinical cardiovascular setting.
- Work or volunteer experience in a fitness related field setting, including stress testing and exercise prescription – preferred
- Minimum education Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or Exercise Science related degree.
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) require as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Current Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
- Eligibility to apply for and attain American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise Specialist certification – preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Exercise Physiologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website