Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Sonographer with St. David's South Austin Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St. David's South Austin Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sonographer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary of the Echo Technologist
The Sonographer (ECHO) performs the daily routine/critical care and diagnostic procedures as ordered by the Physician. The Sonographer (ECHO) performs required diagnostic testing, conducts basic equipment maintenance, quality control measures, reporting of abnormal findings to physician (if immediate attention is indicated), and other administrative, technical or supervisory tasks as might be required.Responsibilities of the Echo Technologist
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper ECG lead placement and troubleshoot system/electrodes sufficiently to obtain a tracing of good diagnostic quality.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize basic arrhythmias (PVC vs. PAC) and ectopic origin of each.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the ECG complex and ischemic vs. injury patterns.
- Perform routine Exercise Tolerance Test via a motor driven treadmill.
- Perform 2D and M Mode Echocardiography, Cardiac Doppler/Color Flow Doppler.
- Assist with Dobutamine Stress Echo.
- Assist with Transesophageal Echo via system manipulation while probe is passed by physician.
- Identify upper/lower extremity arterial anatomy.
- Perform protocol for upper/lower extremity arterial flow exam.
- Carry out physician's orders accurately in performance of diagnostic studies.
- Other duties as assigned relevant to the service.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Applied Science of equivalent is preferred
- One year of hospital-based sonography experience preferred
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- RDCS – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- RCS – Registered Cardiac Sonographer by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- BLS required per St. David's HealthCare Policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Sonographer opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website