Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) CT Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) CT Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary of the CT Technologist The CT Technologist shall be responsible for performing CT and Radiologic procedures that are in accordance with standards and practice set forth by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology and Hospital Policies and Procedures. Optimizes the use of radiation by utilizing the concepts of Image Gently, Image Wisely and American College of Radiology. The CT Technologist demonstrates knowledge of the human structure and functions, patient care/safety, positioning, principles of radiographic sciences, radiation protection, medication safety (contrast) and specialized techniques. Maintains professional judgment and conduct that is complimentary of the ARRT Code of Ethics and St. David's Healthcare Values. Responsibilities of the CT Technologist
- Consistently produce CT - Computed Tomography scans of optimal diagnostic quality on patients ranging from Neonatal to Geriatric age groups.
- Follows established scanning and viewing protocols.
- Operate CT - Computed Tomography scanner and related equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Complete quality scans in a timely manner, effectively organizing and prioritizing work flow to meet STAT and urgent demands while continuing to meet OP customer standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scanning trauma, acute and challenging patients; possess skills to modify positioning and scanning factors when standard cannot be performed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of disease processes and produces studies that optimally identify related anatomy.
- Solicit patient cooperation by providing patient education about procedure and expected sensations before and throughout scan.
- Demonstrate competence in using the power injector; verbalize limits of use.
- Complete required documentation on forms, logs, work station, and charting system.
- Assist the Radiologist during invasive procedures, demonstrate knowledge of supplies required and ensure availability.
- Graduate of an America Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology
- One year of experience performing CT - Computed Tomography procedures is preferred.
- Certified or Temporary Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services as a Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Certified in Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT, RTR);
- Post- primary CT certification within 6 months of CT assignment
- BLS required per St. David's HealthCare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare.We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties.Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St.David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery.We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology.It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website