DescriptionThis position is eligible for up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) BMT Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our BMT Registered Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will utilize nursing processes to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology unit. You will provide direct patient care, act as a patient advocate within the hospital, and provide guidance to unit staff.
* You will perform and document complete patient assessments using nursing processes at the time of the patient's admission
* You will create plans for care, including discharge planning, for all assigned patients upon admission, and review care plans daily
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will administer prescribed medications to patients
* You will review all new physician orders for assigned patients, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will perform narcotic counts, crash cart checks, and cleaning of equipment and work areas
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids, label and regulate flow of IV solutions, and document information related to IV therapies
* You will prepare patients for surgical and other invasive procedures, as well as performing post-op care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Provider – preferred
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our BMT Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website