DescriptionThis position is eligible for up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) BMT Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our BMT Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will utilize nursing processes to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology unit. You will provide direct patient care, act as a patient advocate within the hospital, and provide guidance to unit staff.
* You will perform and document complete patient assessments using nursing processes at the time of the patient's admission
* You will create plans for care, including discharge planning, for all assigned patients upon admission, and review care plans daily
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will administer prescribed medications to patients
* You will review all new physician orders for assigned patients, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will perform narcotic counts, crash cart checks, and cleaning of equipment and work areas
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids, label and regulate flow of IV solutions, and document information related to IV therapies
* You will prepare patients for surgical and other invasive procedures, as well as performing post-op care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Provider – preferred
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our BMT Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website