Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Bastrop Emergency Room Registered Nurse PRN to join our healthcare family.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Bastrop Emergency Room Registered Nurse PRN opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient's progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- At least 1yr of experience as a Registered Nurse required
- A minimum of 2 years within the Emergency Department or other Critical Care unit preferred
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Texas required; If compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of their hire date.
- Current BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
- TNCC, ENPC and/or PALS required within 12 months of hire
The St. David's Emergency Center in Bastrop is a full-service freestanding emergency department that does not have attached inpatient facilities. This ED serves as an extension of St. David's South Austin Medical Center.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's Emergency Center in Bastrop has 8 patient exam rooms, 1 OB/GYN exam room, 1 ENT exam room and 1 trauma room that comprises the 11 bed facility. In addition, this ED has an on-site CT scanner, ultrasound, X-ray, and on-site lab for immediate results. This center is staffed by board certified emergency medical physicians and trauma-certified nurses.
The on-site medical team treats all urgent and emergent medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Bastrop Emergency Room Registered Nurse PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website