DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Monitor Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Monitor Technician, you will maintain close observation of the electrocardiograph patterns of patients. You will observe and interpret cardiac telemetry tracings at a central monitoring station, and record rhythm data at regular intervals. You will also perform a variety of clerical duties.
- You will perform monitoring of patients who have cardiac telemetry ordered
- You will constantly observe and monitor patients to detect changes in cardiac rhythms
- You will obtain a rhythm strip and correctly label it with patient information
- You will inform the primary nurse of any changes in rhythms or significant changes in rate, as well as any life threatening dysrhythmias
- You will maintain records of each patient's cardiac rate and rhythm
- You will prepare equipment and maintain floor stock for patients
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Monitor Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 year of previous experience as a Monitor Technician – preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must pass cardiac rhythm competency test with a score of 84% or higher
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website