DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing. You will analyze, review, and report test results and quality control results, and ensure specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- You will complete moderate and high complexity testing and follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining patient result records
- You will correctly receive specimens, print labels, and enter and verify patient data without errors
- You will operate and troubleshoot test systems
- You will identify problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results
- You will ensure that test selection and reference ranges are age-appropriate
- You will ensure timely availability of laboratory results
- You will perform quality control activities appropriate to each assay performed and respond appropriately to outlier results
- You will participate in proficiency testing activities in each applicable technical area
The St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park is a full-service freestanding emergency department that does not have attached inpatient facilities. This ED serves as an extension of a St. David's Round Rock Medical Center. Patients requiring inpatient care will be transported from the freestanding ED to SDRRMC. The ED operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park features 12 multipurpose exam rooms (one of which is a trauma room); a CT scanner, a diagnostic radiology machine, ultrasound, and its own stat lab for on sight immediate results. The center is staffed by board-certified physicians affiliated with St. David's HealthCare as well as trauma-certified nurses. The onsite medical team is able to treat all urgent and emergent medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 years of experience working in an acute care hospital Laboratory – preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related field
- Graduation from a clinical rotation or internship from an accredited medical technology program OR, 50-week military training course or acceptable equivalent which results in eligibility to take registry exam in medical technology (Clinical Laboratory Science).
- Certified as a Medical Technologist by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or Health, Education, Welfare (HEW)
- National Credentialing Agency (NCA) Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) certification – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website