St. David's HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn more!
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Intermediate Care Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's Round Rock Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intermediate Care (IMC) Unit, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Nurse Leader and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* 1 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a Med/Surg unit
* 1 year of nursing experience in a Stepdown Unit – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare Policy
* Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) OR Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification required per St. David's Healthcare Policy
St. David's Round Rock Medical Centeris a150+ bedacute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features theonly hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with aLevel II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women's services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics,and morewhen visiting this facility.
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Intermediate Care Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website