DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Labor & Delivery Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment Program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Labor & Delivery, Antepartum Manager like you to be a part of our team. As the Manager of Labor & Delivery, Registered Nurse you will have accountability and responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of Labor & Delivery and Antepartum. The roles and responsibilities will be divided among administrative and clinical roles based on the needs of the unit and may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate the changing needs of the unit. You will direct and coordinate all department functions, including clinical, financial, and human and material resources. You will promote innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance.
- You will establish clear unit operational goals and hold staff accountable for their responsibilities and performance.
- You will assist the director with the financial management of the unit, including participation in the annual budget process, reviewing monthly budget and variance reports, timely submission of patient billing and charge information, and applying cost containment principals as appropriate.
- You will ensure that patient care is delivered in a safe, competent and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- You will ensure the delivery of quality patient care by analyzing data and initiating and/or participating in performance improvement initiatives.
- You will hire, engage, evaluate, coach and retain nursing and support staff.
- You will establish effective working relationships with and round on key constituents (patients, families, employees, and physicians) to enhance communication, confirm alignment, oversee operations and ensure that the patient experience is exceptional.
- You will ensure that safety standards are upheld by making decisions and proactively mitigating unnecessary risks in the area of responsibility.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Labor & Delivery Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 years of experience as a Charge Nurse, area coordinator, supervisor or manager in specialty area of unit.
- Previous Charge Nurse Experience, Leadership and Management experience - preferred
- Graduate of accredited nursing school
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Business of Healthcare Administration. - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse with Texas state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. If working under compact license, must have current state license within 90 days.
- BLS certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- ACLS certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- RNC-OB - preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website