DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Renal Transplant Medical Social Worker you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Renal Transplant Medical Social Worker like you to be a part of our team.
As a Medical Social Worker in Renal Transplant, you will be responsible for the provision of medical social work services, financial counseling, mental health counseling (either by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, or under the supervision of LCSW), and related assistance to pre-transplant candidates, transplant recipients and their family members. You will provide support and advocacy services and linkage with community resources as needed. You will work cooperatively and effectively as a member of the renal transplant team.
- You will perform transplant candidate psychosocial assessments and reassessments on a regular basis in accordance with the Council of Nephrology Social Work (CNSW) standards
- You will obtain appropriate information on healthcare coverage and assess a transplant candidate's financial situation for the ability to manage the costs of the transplant and follow-up care
- You will conduct regular follow-up assessments of renal transplant recipient's functioning, compliance, and needs.
- You will provide interventions as necessary to ameliorate problems which interfere with post-transplant plan of care
- You will provide information, support, and counseling to transplant recipient and their families in order to help them cope with psychological, social, and financial stresses associated with end-stage renal disease and kidney transplantation
- You will provide education to patients and families on the psychosocial aspects of renal failure and kidney transplantation
- You will advocate for patients in obtaining required services and resources
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Renal Transplant Medical Social Worker opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Minimum two years' experience in medical social work
- Financial case management in health care – preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish – preferred
- Completion of a graduate level degree in social work from a program approved by the Council of Social Work Education
Licenses and Certifications
- Current licensure in Texas as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Current licensure in Texas as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website