SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) • Student Loan Repayment Program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Labor and Delivery RN like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
• You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
• You will identify changes in the patient's condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
• You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
• You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
• You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
• You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
• You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
• You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
• You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventions
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Labor and Delivery RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
• Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
• Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
• Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC-OB) – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website