Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Food Service Associate II? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- $1500 Sign on bonus for qualified candidates
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Food Service Associate II like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Food Service Associate, you could be assigned to assist in any area of the Food Service Department including serving customers in cafeteria, working the cash register, providing meal services to patients or performing cleaning tasks and dishwashing for the food service department. You will help in service to all customers, including all patients and customers of the facility and cafeteria service.
- You will serve food to cafeteria customers and maintain knowledge of foods served and ingredients to answer customer questions
- You will set up and work an assigned position on tray line or cafeteria area
- You will prepare food items for cafeteria and label appropriately
- You will maintain food at correct temperature for serving and keep accurate records
- You will work to maintain a clean kitchen and handle food items according to procedures
- You will clean floors, carts, dishware, bus tables and take out trash and operate dishwashing machines
- You will follow standards for infection control in personal hygiene, and food handling
- You will work as a cafeteria cashier, run the cash register and efficiently handle cash and card transactions
What qualifications you will need:
- Food Safety Certification, or ServSafe Food Protection Manager, or Food Handlers Permit must be obtained within 7 days of employment start date
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital, St. David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Food Service Associate II opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website