DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Certified Surgical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Surgical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Surgical Technologist in Labor and Delivery, you will work as a member of the surgical team in the operating room and on the unit, assisting surgeons during surgical and non-surgical procedures. You will initiate case preparation, anticipate needs of the surgeon, patient and other members of the scrub team.
- You will provide surgery technical assistance for surgical procedures pertaining to OB-GYN
- You will provide patient care including skin preparation for procedures, positioning of patients, and inter-operative care
- You will be responsible for retracting tissue, clamping bleeders for hemostasis, clamping tissue for retraction, and cutting and removing sutures
- You will apply fundal pressure during cesarean sections to facilitate deliveries
- You will apply sutures and dressings post surgical procedure
- You will obtain, care, and handle specimens
- You will set up and break down the sterile field, transport patients, maintain special procedure carts, and maintain machines and equipment
- You will maintain log books and supplies for the unit
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Surgical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Previous experience in an applicable field – preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited educational program for Surgical Technology OR completed appropriate training program for Surgical Technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the U.S or in the US Public Health Service
- If not meeting the aforementioned requirements: was employed to practice Surgical Technology in a health care facility before 9/1/09
Licenses and Certifications
- Surgical Technologists that graduate after September 1, 2009 must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist within 180 days from the date of graduation. The certification must be from:
- The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor; OR
- The National Center for Competency Testing or its successor; OR
- Another surgical technologist certification program approved by the department
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Current certification as a Surgical Technologist if experience is less than 5 years – preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website