Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgical Oncology Coordinator with St. David's Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St. David's Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Oncology Program Coord to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgical Oncology Coordinator is responsible for directing, planning and organizing program activities for surface malignancy, breast reconstruction and complex GI patients.
The Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison between the hospital and patients, physicians and other community partners to support the care experience.
- Establishes and operates the concierge program that support patients who travel from out of town for their care
- Serves as the face and main point of contact for patients, MD practices and physicians that seek out care at SDMC for breast reconstruction, surface malignancy and complex GI care.
- Sets up and maintains systems that support a cohesive, coordinated and efficient care experience for patients
- Coordinates travel logistics, medical records and appointments with key stakeholders as it relates to the care of the patient at SDMC
- Works with outreach, physician relations, in-market, and out-of-market providers/hospitals to ensure program capabilities and services are known
- Prepares regular reporting on the success of the programs
- Helps escalate or identify areas of improvement and escalates to COO
- Supports the coordination and operation of the programs within the hospital
- Partners with key leaders and stakeholders to agenda plan council meetings to drive program development and improvement
- Organizes tactics for the programs and manages through proficient program management systems to ensure timely execution of initiatives
- Supports efforts related to the accreditation of the programs; maintains and manages all necessary documentation/minutes
- Assists in the running of multi-stakeholder meetings
- Works with Sarah Cannon oncology navigation team to identify patients requiring longitudinal support or with barriers / educational gaps who are likely to benefit from navigation services.
- Bachelor's Degree- Required
- 1-3 years' experience- Required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, word-processing, data entry and capability of interpreting data and creating understandable information – Preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. -Preferred
Education and Experience required
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our SOU Program Coord opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website