SSM Health Dean Medical Group
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500-physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting for a full-time (1.0 FTE) physician assistant to join our Neurosurgery department. Candidates must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and thrive within a team approach model. Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other services to provide high quality care is a necessity. SSM Health Dean Neurosurgery is a group of practitioners with great experience and longevity within the team, directly related to the respect and close relationship our medical community has.
- Master's degree in Physician Assistant
- Prefer post-education experience in a surgical specialty
- Prefer first-assist OR experience
- Wisconsin registered nurse license and advanced practice nurse licensure or certified physician assistant
- Become part of an established team of 6 advanced practitioners who work closely with 6 neurosurgeons
- Position is focused on both inpatient and outpatient care
- Variable work schedule of four (10-hour) days with additional call responsibilities of one night per week and every 6th weekend (Friday-Sunday)
- Department of Neurosurgery is located in a medical office building that is connected to SSM St. Mary's Hospital via skywalk
- Currently practice at one hospital; potential exists for outreach
- Hospital Privileges at St. Mary's Hospital, an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- Excellent referral base from SSM Dean Medical Group's 18-county service area of 1.3 million
- Market competitive salary and benefits package will be offered
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network.
- Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Madison, population 252,000, was recently named as the best place to live in America by Livability in 2021 https://livability.com/best-places/2021-top-100-best-places-to-live-in-america/top-100-2021-madison-wi/
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website