Lead Cardiothoracic Specialty Surgical Assistant NP DePaul/St. Clare Hospitals
- Surgical Assist experience desired.
- Daily Responsibility:
- Responsible for the coordination of daily assignments
- Responsible for the coordination of call assignments
- Leadership expectations:
- Lead education, onboarding, and training needs of CT Surgery group
- Ensure the most efficient CTSA assignments
- Consider travel for CTSAs between all platforms
- Consider and respect availability of peers
- Consider call person when recommending assignments
- Consider and respect private details of department and peers at all times (especially when a call-in is made)
- Ensure timely assignment designation (i.e. by 6:00 pm day prior)
- Be open and willing to accept and/or seek the assistance of peers if daily schedule limits availability to fulfill daily responsibility.
- Seek and respect input from peers
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients. Performs complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborate with physician(s) in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients as needed.
- Synthesize data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention. Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administer medications and injections according to physician directions. Suture minor lacerations when necessary.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs. Instruct patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions, and other patient education.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Post tests and examination results.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Attends required meetings and participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Functions in the role of triage nurse by assisting physicians in the development of clinical protocols, conducting nursing assessment to identify patient problem, implementing a plan of action to facilitate problem resolution, recording data concerning problem/action plan/outcome in patient medical record. Functions as resource person to ancillary personnel to meet patient needs.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a health care related field and advanced certifications
- Four years' experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA)
Physician Assistant (PA) - State of Work Location
Apply on company website