The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
As a Senior Paralegal member of the Distribution and Compliance Services legal team, you will draft and review distribution agreements and amendments, financial intermediary service agreements, and other servicing and vendor agreements. Acting as a subject matter expert, you will work with key managers of the SS&C ALPS registered fund services and alternatives businesses and other members of the Company's legal department, as well as interface with clients of such businesses.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with clients, financial intermediaries, vendors and suppliers
- Draft service agreements and amendments for registered fund, hedge fund and private equity fund clients
- Other duties as assigned from time to time, including, but not limited to, updating and implementing processes and procedures relating to contracts
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certification or equivalent work experience
- 5 years' prior experience in a law firm, corporate, or other legal environment
- Experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940 (including Section 15(c) and Rules 12b-1, 17j-1 and 38a-1), the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and state securities laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (e.g., presentation, listening; and report writing).
- Analytical problem solving and quantitative skills sufficient to handle a complex regulatory environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary: persuasion; negotiation; cooperation; diplomacy; strong planning; organizational and coordinating skills, and strong internal consulting skills.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat and database management.
- Experience with EDGAR a plus.
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is $75,000 to $100,000. (This position is eligible to participate in a company bonus plan and stock program].
Benefits: SS&C offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Flexible, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; Professional Development and Employee Discounts.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website