SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Associate Manager, Private Equity
This position will be located at 110 N Fulton Ave, Evansville, IN.
Associate Manager, Private Equity will help manage and monitor transaction processing, proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our Private Equity clients.
Essential Functions of Position:
The Associate Manager will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Private Equity clients. Associate Managers should have a strong background in accounting, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and monitor client deliverables and deadlines. Additionally, the Associate Manager is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, as well as preparing and reviewing financial reports.
- Help manage one or more client relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with manager and staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting
- Assist in preparation of goals and career development plans for junior staff
- Provide input into semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for junior staff
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client service related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Prepare/review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare/review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the client and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5+ years' experience in accounting
- CPA and/or MBA designation a plus
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience supervising one or two junior professional staff
- Hands-on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop junior staff
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Competitive salary plus EXCELLENT benefits
- NEW Global Flexible Time Off Option
- 10 company-paid holidays in a full calendar year
- Eligible for annual performance-based bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
- Exposure to a number of key business groups within the company, including regular interaction with senior management and opportunities for advancement
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website