Perfusionist are the Heart of the Operation
$20K SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we'd like you to grow with us. We are the industry leader in perfusion—participating in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and support nearly 600 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. With SpecialtyCare, you will be able to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients.
Join our Growing Team:
Children's Hospital of Georgia has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Pediatric Perfusionist to join our growing pediatric program. Cardiac and ECMO team is well established with an experienced, skilled surgeon. We perform a viariety of ranging from simple to complex. ECMO involvement is limited. No transplants or VADs. This candidate will join a staff of one and share call equally. Work life balance is of the utmost importance to this growing team.
About the Area:
Augusta is the second largest city in Georgia and is home to the Masters Golf Tournament. With over 200 sunny days a year and low cost of living, Augusta is the perfect place to call home. It is centrally located to many Georgia beaches as well as Savannah, Charleston, Atlanta, and the mountains. Come be a part of this fun, exciting, and growing team!Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the heart lung machine during open heart surgery to maintain patient's hemodynamic and physiologic parameters in neonatal to adult congenital patient population.
- Ability to operate independently for aforementioned procedures with little or no supervision.
- Operate ancillery equipment including cell saver and point of care lab testing equipment.
- Consult with ECMO team.
- ABCP certification is required.
- Degree from Acrredited Perfusion School
- Georgia Clinical Perfusion license
- Pediatric linical experience
- 1+ years of experience preferred
- Driven and detail oriented
- Ability to function confidently and independently
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
Apply on company website