Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
The Marketing Manager for APAC-Distributors market is responsible for developing and executing marketing programs that drive growth in South East Asia (+S.Korea, Taiwan & HK) through our distributors in this regionDuties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategy, including positioning, promotion, sales and marketing initiatives and launch planning to build awareness and generate demand of current and new products for the business unit.
- Create the strategic plan that aligns with business unit and regional sales goals to drive business growth.
- Gather market and competitive intelligence to develop marketing plans and share with global product management to incorporate into product roadmap and strategic planning.
- Develop and foster KOL relationships to drive market awareness through product advocacy, speaking forums and clinical marketing.
- Work with Global Marketing counterparts to obtain new product Voice of Customer feedback.
- Ensure clear understanding of product supply (including regional allocation) working with Global Supply chain and Global Marketing, and ensure allocation within region, and ensure customer satisfaction with resolution of any supply challenges.
- Ensure regional forecast accuracy for products in business unit working closely with sales, and demand planning.
- Lead product launch planning for region to include feedback on features and benefits vs. market, provide launch forecast, and develop and execute launch plans.
- Maintain regional dashboards that provide clarity with execution of key initiatives, and supporting assumptions
- Develop, execute and measure the key marketing initiatives, including campaign development and sales execution, to meet strategic business unit goals within budget, ensuring close attention to branding guidelines
- Assumes role of lead liaison to sales management in the execution of marketing strategy within the region
- Partner with the key cross-functional partners including Sales, Product Management, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Finance and Marketing Communications to ensure that business unit goals and objectives are understood and achieved
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant healthcare marketing experience, preferably in medical device
- Proven track record of leading, partnering, and collaborating across functions
- Strong product launch and market development experience
- Proven ability to create, lead, establish, maintain and influence effective working relationships with internal cross functional customers at all levels
- Ability to work with integrity and build trust
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and key activities at one time, and to meet key deadlines through the application of effective time management skills
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate globally at all levels internally and externally in order to achieve departmental goals
- Ability to interpret and analyse information coming from multi-disciplinary personnel
- Ability to accurately forecast, develop and drive to a budget
- Ability to develop and implement strategies and procedures
- Ability to present concepts and information effectively to a wide variety of functions and disciplines
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website