The role will be responsible for providing commercial financial decision support through implementing the strategic and commercial imperatives of the division either through direct oversight of others or overseeing the financial program/financial systems that increase the effectiveness of the finance function. Under general direction, this role interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that affect the financials of the division along with creating strategic and operational finance plans to address site/regional needs of the client group, including problem resolution and process/program execution.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to functional leadership in controlling Smiths Medical's global financials for site or regional client groups. Administer established processes.
- Primary coordination for the division in global closing and planning. Create, maintain and circulate reports and analytics on a monthly basis including but limited to analysis, profitability, trends, etc. and support agreement creation and execution process.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and documents pertinent financial highlights, preparing operational analysis for publication to enable leadership to determine progress against budgets. Assist with cadence of monthly, quarterly, annual business reviews and identification of areas for cost reduction and improvements.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. Based on findings, make recommendations for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes). Partner with functional areas in determining financial impacts and periodic forecast preparation to update leadership on projected results who require such for decision making.
- Analysis of actual and forecast impacts, and loading data into necessary systems. (control, tracking, reporting).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Determine and develop approach to solutions and work is measured on meeting financial objectives for the site or regional client groups. May lead smaller projects accordingly.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
- University Degree (BA degree) required.
- Progressive professional experience in a large-corporate environment.
- Experience in financial operations; possess knowledge of the immediate areas of support and has worked in a similar leadership position.
- Qualified Accountant recognized professional accreditation, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Preferred exposure to Hyperion Financial System or comparable systems.
- Advanced Excel skills, as well as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong Financial acumen and excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building abilities, along with anticipating impacts of workload/resource needs that relate to deadlines and team.
- Demonstrate integrity and trust in all interactions.
- Financial planning and organizing, and strong financial acumen.
- Critical and analytical thinking, adaptability and organizational agility.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Apply on company website