Senior Helpers is currently seeking a Office Manager/Administrator to work in their Houston office.
As a member of Senior Helpers HR team, you will be at the forefront of our mission to provide compassionate care and improve the quality of life for our clients, their families and our employees.
Senior Helpers is proud to be the first and only national in-home care provider to receive certification as a Great Place to Work. Our HHAs (Home Health Aides) and staff are treated with respect in an inclusive environment, enjoy employee pride and camaraderie, and recognize that the work they do makes a real difference for our clients.Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Recruit new qualified caregivers on a continual basis to meet the staffing needs of the scheduling team and in accordance with company-defined goals. This includes placing ads, attending job fairs, and developing new recruiting methods
- Interview, screen (complete reference checks), hire and orient incoming applicants according to company standards and pay levels. Ensure the caregiver's physical and electronic file is complete with all updated and necessary documentation
- Maintain and update all caregiver files in accordance with state regulations. Monitor licensure expiration dates and follow up to ensure caregivers are in compliance. Coordinate and verify that all caregiver skill assessments are complete, file the form, and record electronically in Soneto. Ensure availability is accurate in Soneto
- Handle on-call duty on a regular basis and as directed by the Caregiver Manager
- Develop and maintain company policies as related to human resources, caregivers, and caregiver retention
- Act as an alternate administrator for the company
- Lead the training program for our company
- Recruit, manage, and on-board caregivers
- Locate new sources of qualified employees. Attend career fairs and other events, as necessary.
- Quickly and appropriately respond to situations where scheduling conflicts, emergencies and/or “call outs” arise (which may include covering for the shift). Complete the company schedule for the next business day/weekend before leaving at the end of each day. Support Personnel may assist with this from time to time.
- Act at a manager on call, on a rotating on-call schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years in an HR position with emphasis on staffing and recruiting
- Professional experience in customer service
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures related to the in-home care industry
- Team player, excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possess excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Hotel and hospitality experience preferred
- Home care / home health / hospice experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apply on company website