Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations Job Family: Distribution Job Description:
Lead, with limited direction, the daily operations of DC. Responsible for the receiving and shipping of finished goods, bulk cheese, corrugated ingredients, and miscellaneous supplies. Responsible for effective utilization of equipment, labor and materials. Promote partner safety, training and development. Assists with establishing and implementing distribution standards. Focus on customer service levels in areas of shortages, product damage, truck turn time, invoice order fill rates and aged inventory. Assures compliance with company and governmental standards and regulations of safety, sanitation and housekeeping within all distribution areas. Build a sound relationship with other Distribution Centers and Supply Chain Management Team.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the receiving and shipping of finished goods, bulk cheese, corrugated ingredients and miscellaneous supplies.
- Directly supervise partners in bulk handling, finished goods and production support in support of shipping schedules. (including weekend coverage as appropriate/needed)
- Lead the operation of a highly complex finished goods, bulk, and dry material distribution system in terms of a broad carrier base, outside contacts and the difficulty of the operations.
- Insure controls are in place to monitor costs relating to labor, pallets, equipment, and materials.
- Develop and motivate through coaching of partners to high levels of productivity and morale.
- Assure quality of work for partners by administering company policy and providing for physical/emotional well-being while at work.
- Responsible for accountability and inventory control systems.
- Assure focus is on Distribution priorities in achievement of company goals.
- Responsible for customer service invoice fill rates in the areas of shortages, product damage, truck turn time, and aged inventory.
- Identify and communicate customer requirements.
- Develop PCP's and checklists to insure requirements are met.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in food/dairy science, engineering, finance, and/or supply chain.
- 0-3 years' experience in manufacturing, distribution, and/or operations.
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to make good business decisions quickly.
- Intent and willingness to relocate for future opportunities is required (locations across the U.S.).
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company's success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website