DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Hourly Wage Estimate: $14.80 - $18.63/Hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
To learn more about the employee benefits that are available click here.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute at HealthONE is determined to make a difference in our patients' lives. Through Sarah Cannon, we are a part of a network that has conducted community-based clinical trials for more than 20 years and has conducted 260+ first-in-man clinical trials to date. Sarah Cannon Research Institute has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute at HealthONE is an outpatient clinic located on the campus of Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL). Benefits:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Lab Technician you will perform medical laboratory related procedures for patients enrolled in clinical trials.
- You will obtain blood and other samples, vital signs, and EKGs from patients
- You will process and ship pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and all other samples according to instructions provided by study sponsor
- You will prepare study supplies/source documents necessary for obtaining lab samples prior to patient treatment
- You will utilize electronic medical record (EMR) for source documentation
- You will maintain accurate freezer sample logs
- You will ensure proper maintenance/handling of EKG machines (clinic and sponsor EKG machines)
- You will interface with Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL) interventional radiology department for study required biopsies. You will retrieve and prepare tumor biopsy samples as requested by study sponsor.
- You will maintain accurate records of sample acquisition and shipping. All PK samples must have source documents available in patient charts that are accurate and complete. All shipping and processing records should be maintained in the patient's study folder
- You will ensure lab kits and other supplies for all active studies are adequate, all supplies are in date and lab kit inventory is maintained and kept current. Ensure all supplies are clearly labeled for study
- You will schedule appropriate courier for sample shipments. If too late for courier, be available to make arrangements to drop samples at FedEx, UPS, etc. if necessary
- You will ensure there is an adequate supply of dry ice available for shipments
- You will respond to queries generated from study sponsor or contract lab regarding patient/sample data
- You will maintain laboratory equipment and work space in all areas
- Interface with P/SL laboratory colleagues regarding labs for research patients
- You will register patients and order labs in the P/SL Laboratory Information System
- You will attain and maintain competency to perform moderately complex testing in the Drug Development Unit (DDU) lab
- You will interface with Research nurses to ensure that all research patients have correct lab kits prior to patients' visits
QualificationsYou should have for this position:
- A High School Diploma, preferably a technical or vocational training in laboratory or phlebotomy
- A current BLS Certification
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements for safe handling of blood and body fluids
- Skill in venipuncture and blood processing
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- At least one year of clinical laboratory and phlebotomy experience required
Do you want to be a part of a team working together to fight cancer?
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website