SAIC is seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer to join our MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and TEST (MSEIT) team at our office in El Segundo,CA.
Our customer is fielding the next generation of strategic voice conferencing capability for the National Command Authorities, and our team provides program Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test support to exceed program needs.
As a T&E Engineer, you will directly support the government's program Test Manager to execute a solid developmental and operational test strategy. You will develop documentation that implements the program's test strategy in coordination with system stakeholders and DoD and AF guidance. You will act as a program representative (when required) while assisting the program during document reviews, or attending technical meetings, program reviews, or test events.
- Provide subject matter expertise in T&E to program Test Manager.
- Support T&E reviews, working groups, audits, Integrated Product Teams (IPT) meetings, Deficiency Review Boards (DRB), Materiel Improvement Process Review Boards (MIPRB), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Author and deliver technical T&E documentation to government.
- Conduct technical review of System Architecture, System Specifications, System Verification and Test Plans, Contractor Verification Test Procedures, Lead Developmental Test and Evaluation Organization Test Plans and Procedures.
- Assist in government Validation, Verification, and Accreditation contractor or government-developed models.
- Identify, analyze, and propose T&E risks, issues, opportunities and handling plans.
- Work closely and across leadership and Industry Partners, including: USSF, Joint Staff, DOT&E. USSTRATCOM, other COCOMs, DISA, NSA, MILSATCOM Enterprise, and development contractor.
- 25% Travel (as required) to support system integration, checkout, and test at operational CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, physics, or computer science
- Familiar with MILSATCOM programs and space or terminal segments
- Knowledge of AFI 99-103 and DoD acquisition and test policy
- Familiar with organizations such as USSF/USSPACE, USSTRATCOM, other COCOMs, other Services, DISA, NSA, and MILSATCOM Enterprise
- 5+ years overall experience in Systems Engineering-related fields (test and evaluation, technical planning, requirements engineering)
- 5+ years in space-related systems
- An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance required
- Master's degree in technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading government developmental or operational T&E
- Experience supporting Validation, Verification, and Accreditation efforts
- INCOSE certification (CSEP, ESEP)
- 10+ years with MILSATCOM terminals or space segment programs
- 10+ years test and evaluation experience with DoD/USAF test processes and documentation
Apply on company website