SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support our FAA program. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Provide technical analysis, evaluation, review, and process document development support to AST programs supporting the integration of commercial launches and reentries in the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Perform systems engineering, safety engineering, including safety risk management, and will provide expertise with government and commercial spaceflight operations and air traffic management of the NAS
Assist in the development of system engineering, software engineering, and acquisition management documents and products
Assist in the systems engineering development, test and implementation of prototype capabilities for integrating commercial launch and reentry operations in the NAS
Understand space flight mission planning and operational concepts.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Ability to perform systems engineering, safety engineering tasks with regards to the NAS.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Apply on company website