SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) to lead Systems Engineering efforts for a new National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Systems Program Office (SPO) in Chantilly VA.
The new SPO will field multiple, short time-to-market space systems.
In this exciting role, you will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (senior acquisition leadership, Program Managers, Technical Leads, and external organizations). Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations tempo of Systems Engineering processes for a government program office and ensuring systems engineering processes are executed efficiently
- Tailor systems engineering processes for multiple missions, multiple contract types, in various phases of the systems lifecycle, of various sizes, and with various delivery timelines and risk profiles
- Evaluate pre-acquisition artifacts and design solutions to meet mission requirements
- Integrate architectures and capabilities across the portfolio
- Assess program design and viability from a technical, and technical execution perspective
- Trade technical and programmatic requirements to delivery to orbit quickly and within cost constraints
- Manage the development of systems engineering and related technical documentation, including system engineering plans, requirements specifications, and interface control documents (ICDs), etc.
- Outline criteria for reviews and readiness activities
- Ensure the technical integrity of system baselines over time
- Provide critical review of Government and Developer approaches and products and tactfully lead needed changes
- Work independently and lead small teams
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph; background investigation within 5 years
- Bachelor's of Science Degree - STEM or Systems Engineering
- 14+ years of experience in technical program management and systems engineering
- 10+ years space systems experience
- Systems engineering leadership experience, including understanding of risk management and requirements management for space systems
- Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) free, capable of providing technical and acquisition support to Government
- experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems to include small satellites and commercial capabilities is needed.
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or Similar.
- Master of Science Degree – STEM or Systems Engineering
- Expert System Engineer Professional (ESEP) or similar.
Apply on company website