SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer- Tactical and Operations (T&O) to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Spring/Summer 2023.
Job Summary: The Engineer will provide “cradle to grave” engineering support to NSWCDD V dept for the SGS/AC tactical and support programs. The Engineer will have experience with the AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, LCS, or Surface Ship Combat System including design and performance definition with at least two of the core elements of the Combat System and experience at the combat system level. This experience shall include systems engineering consisting of trade-off analysis requirements, design, performance analysis, test definition, and certification of combat system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide system of system (SoS) engineering and support to include participation in all technical reviews, design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), and technical working groups (e.g., Interoperability Architecture Team, Interoperability Certification Assessment Group (ICAG)) to encompass derivation of operational need to delivery of capability.
- Review and analyze specifications, requirements and other documentation, generate and submit comments in accordance with the Element Review Team/ Navy Review Team (ERT/NRT) process, participate in comment adjudication and attend and participate in required Review Team Meetings.
- Participate in the development of technical papers and technical reports, and review of Computer Program Change Requests (CPARs) Specification Changes (SCs), Interface Change Requests (ICRs), and Fleet advisories.
- Develop, review and evaluate engineering change proposals, white papers, interface change requests, design options, design specification changes, interface specifications, and system engineering documents.
- Perform requirements analysis, maintain data tracing requirements to design, maintain data tracing requirements to test procedures and TRs, and develop metrics for the evaluation of SGS/AC algorithms.
- Perform development testing, develop and maintain unit test procedures, collect required metrics.
- Recommend upgrades or new capabilities, perform root cause analysis of TORs and TRs, develop TORs for discovered problems, and review and identify documentation modifications.
- Verify proper software media loading, provide inputs for installation instructions, and review and update delivered software documentation (e.g., version description documents (VDDs) and quick reference guides (QRGs).
- Provide test and evaluation (T&E) support for all SGS/AC programs. This support shall include participation in T&E working groups and integrated product teams (IPTs), such as the Interoperability Development and Certification (IDC) Test and Evaluation Working Group (TEWG) and Data Analysis Working Group (DAWG).
- Participate in SGS/AC tactical program independent verification and validation (IV&V), integration, and combat system testing by developing, modifying, and assessing test plans, test procedures, test reports, schedules, and scenarios.
- Conduct SGS/AC IV&V testing at land-based test sites and in the SGS/AC lab. The contractor shall provide situational reports (SITREPs), test logs, and test observation reports (TORs) to document testing performed and deficiencies discovered during testing
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors and ten (10) years general experience
- Ten (10) years specific experience in:
- Conducting detailed, complex Tactical and Operations engineering activities associated with system engineering, capabilities, and activities.
- Demonstrated experience including system engineering design, performance, analysis, and operational experience for military applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment of tactical and operational performance and performance data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, testing, integration and operational performance of tactical and operational system engineering elements.
- Demonstrated experience with design, development, testing, integration and operational total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website