SAIC is in need of Material Handlers to support our TACNET Production & Support program in Norfolk, VA. Openings are in JEB Little Creek and NAS Norfolk, VA.
The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory. The Material Handler will be tasked with the location of materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders. They will be responsible maintaining in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
The Material Handler will document materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units as well as preparing material for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
The Material Handler will also be responsible for documenting product shipment by recording units shipped; operating material handling equipment to include lift trucks and pallet jacks and maintaining material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections
- The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet elligibility requirements for access to classified information. To meet these requriements you must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim Secret Level Security Clearance.
- 1+ Years of inventory Management experience
- Experience with Data Entry
- Must be physically capable of bending, walking, climbing and lifting up to 50lbs
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Must have good Organization and Scheduling skills
- Experience dealing with complex deadline-oriented issues
- Must have time management skills
- Experience with process improvement, Safety Management and Inventory Control
- Active Secret Clearance
Apply on company website