SAIC is seeking a Director to lead our team of proposal managers and orals coaches within the corporate Proposal Development Center. The position will be located in in Reston, VA and will report directly to the Vice President, Proposal Development. The successful candidate will work closely with his/her team to execute the corporate proposal development processes and practices, focusing on effective, efficient, consistent, and high-quality product and delivery.
Description of Duties:
- Attracts, retains, and develops a high-quality pool of in-house personnel by selecting, organizing, and developing a quality team.
- Sets clear goals and objectives, monitors performance, provides frequent feedback, and supports individual and team growth/development goals.
- Works with Center's Staffing Manager to manage the assignment of in-house staff and outside consultants to a dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with the Staffing Manager, business development, and capture staff to optimize application of resources throughout the proposal's life cycle, including early “upstream” engagements in the shaping and offering development process prior to final bid decisions.
- Advises senior leadership on proposal development strategies and activities, ensures accurate and timely information exchange on all aspects of proposal strategy and outcomes, and recommends shifts in their Proposal Development personnel's tactical direction as necessary.
- Defines, implements, refines, and continuously improves our execution based on best practices and lessons learned.
- Institutionalizes the proposal development process and provides for metrics-based dialog that ensures superior proposals and focus on continuous improvement.
· Minimum of bachelor's degree, 10 years of experience in a defined proposal-related role, and 5 years of supervisory/team leadership experience.
· In-depth knowledge of the federal business development life cycle.
· Demonstrated ability to build and retain a high-performance team with the resolution and unity of purpose to affect change/growth within the organization.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
· Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while leading team and meeting assignment demands.
· Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
· Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Able to think clearly and reach solid conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely; capable of making high level decisions with confidence and accomplishing results through lower level management.
- Ability to coordinate off-site proposal team members and consultants.
- Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration tools.
Apply on company website