SAIC has an opportunity for a Program Control Associate/Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA.
The candidate will participate in the financial planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on multiple projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Successful candidate will have significant interface with Project Managers, Contract Management staff, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other functional organizations.
Job Duties include:
- Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of tasks moderate in scope and complexity.
- Reports detailed information, analyzes financial data in support of project cost/schedule status and follows established procedures while contributing to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile cash flow, profitability, invoicing, unbillable, costs on hold, subcontracts on a monthly basis and attend briefings with functional staff to validate current project status.
- Provide accurate sources of revenue data for inclusion in period/quarterly/annual forecast exercises.
- Ability to build and maintain bottom's up estimate at completions on all project types, meet deadlines for submissions, certifications and provide management with ongoing status of EACs.
- Establishes Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and detailed Budgets as contractually required.
- Ensures adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and all Corporate policies and procedures as they relate to contract financials.
- Participates in new business proposals, project projections, analysis of requirements, and input to cost and management volumes.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration AND at least 1 (one) year of relevant experience.
- Possess the skills to create courses of action and proactively solve problems by conducting research, conceiving and developing new and innovative ideas, theories, and/or solutions, and predicting possible outcomes. Possess ability to prepare and present “what-if” scenarios.
- Analytical, communication and presentations skills needed as well as the ability to operate independently and as a strong member of a team.
Apply on company website