Location: Tampa, FL
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
• This position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge in network engineering design and maintenance.
• Provide overall enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
• Manage infrastructures for operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
• Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
• Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
• Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
• Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
• Conduct LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
• Use network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc).
• Perform enterprise traffic analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics) to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve network congestion/optimize the networks.
• Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
• Provide advanced technical analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
• Engineer, install, test, and maintain wiring (copper and fiber) infrastructures.
• Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
• Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
QualificationsREQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is required.
- 2+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols. Understanding of BGP routing protocols preferred.
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- IPsec experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- CCNP or CCIE
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, security, and support of enterprise network infrastructures.
- Systems design and architecting for operational and tactical theater network installations and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+ workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc), CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, etc).
- Ability to envision, develop, coordinate, prioritize, lead, and motivate individual and team efforts to produce required and timely customer solutions.
- Solid overall communications skills.
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
Apply on company website