DescriptionSAIC is actively seeking a Cyberspace Joint Operations Planner with an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade in Maryland. The successful candidate will provide in-depth strategic/operational planning expertise for the development of Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) policy, plans, processes, procedures, and governing directives. Planners will apply operational art and operational design and use the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN. Lead the creation of strike packages, and the vetting and validation of targets. Daily activities include:
- Monitors and reviews strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and instructions from higher echelon headquarters and makes recommendations to ensure compliance and/or consideration in planning efforts
- Develops plans and orders through the applications of operational art and operational design, and by using the JOPP, within the milestones, deliverables, and interaction points for plans developed using Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) activities
- Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, exercise, combat, and contingency plans and operations
- Develops and integrates cyberspace capabilities into deliberate, contingency, operation, and crisis action planning
- Provides input for the development of TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to OCO, DCO, and the securing of operating, and defending of the DODIN
- Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize and validate requirements, and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment
- Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation to support planning and execution to accomplish USCYBERCOM exercise training priorities
- Conducts research of current and emerging threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR)
- Participates in Joint Planning Groups (JPGs), and Operational Planning Groups/Teams (OPG/OPTs)
- Leads and acts as a full participant in JPGs and OPG/OPT developing and integrating cyber capabilities into plans, and in support of Combatant Commander planning efforts
- Coordinate cyberspace operations planning activities through the IJSTO to include Evaluation Request and Response Messages, SAP procedures, and the RAPCO
- Thinks independently and serves as an advanced technical expert of all planning methodologies and applications in all phases of military operations, providing analytical expertise and expert knowledge of operational design, Joint Operation Planning, and APEX
- Establishes joint operations planning objectives in support of combat and contingency operations without supervision
- Able to independently coordinate the development of cyberspace operations plans, contingency plans, CONOPs, and orders
- Provides extensive technical expertise; leads, and participates in all phases and steps of the JPP and APEX activities
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a Joint Operation Planner and a complete working knowledge of the JPP, JOPES, and APEX planning formats and guidance with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum specialized education in military joint operation planning through the Joint Professional Military Education Phase II (JPME II) from a CJCS accredited joint education program listed in CJCSI 1700000.01E . The JIOPC, or other similar military operation planning courses, may be substituted for JPME II.
- Four (4) years of planning experience may be substituted with completion of an advance Service planner school (Schools of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS), Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), etc.).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website