The future is here – be a central part of defining and implementing the future of space and ground systems to protect the Nation.
SAIC is seeking experienced professionals to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). NSCG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
NSCG has an opening for an In-Plant Customer Radio Frequency (RF)Communications (COMM) Sub-system Factory Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer maintains and develops next-generation satellite systems. This position provides Government customer insight at a satellite contractor facility during design, manufacture, integration, test, and launch phases for the COMM sub-system. Responsibilities will include oversight of various contractor I&T activities; identifying and resolving technical issue by leading; and influencing contractor effort in successfully delivering the COMM sub-system for on-orbit operations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in an interactive team environment with Government customer leads, COMM system developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Facilitate communications between Customer Program Office and contractor team and provide written daily and weekly status reports to customer program office
- Identify, communicate, and lead program team to address and resolve technical and programmatic issues
- Review, assess and evaluate contractor COMM sub-system assembly and integration plans and procedures
- Perform test engineering assessment on all COMM sub-system level test plans, procedures and reports
- Provide analysis support on COMM sub-system test results to verify the COMM sub-system design satisfies the system requirements.
- Performs Spacecraft level requirements satisfaction analysis and Functional & Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA)
- Participate in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) to adjudicate and resolve anomalies by direct fact finding, audits, inquiries, and investigations of processing, testing, or operational failures.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards or that appropriate deviations/waivers are in place.
- 24/7 shift work may be required
- TS/SCI with Poly
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Degree in electrical engineering or related degree
- 10 or more years of RF COMM systems engineering experience with integration and test experience
- Experience working in RF COMM systems development, manufacturing, and I&T
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with multiple COMM programs and I&T
- Experience across the life-cycle engineering activities/milestones, integration and test, and Launch and Initialization (L&I) activities
Apply on company website